Thursday, October 17, 2013

My Top 5 Songs of the Week #1


Top Songs of the Week:
  1. Counting Stars By: One Republic
  2. Hurt By: Christina Aguilera
  3. I Told You So By: Carrie Underwood
  4. My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark By: Fall Out Boy
  5. Starlight By: Muse
     Now I know that if you know your music you would have realized that these songs are outdated, whether its by a lot or a little. 
     Counting Stars by One Republic is my top song right now because of its catchy tune and catchy lyrics. I have to say my favorite lyric would have to be "Old, but I'm not that old. Young, but I'm not that bold, and I don't think the world is sold. I'm just doing what we're told..." This song is great to lift you up when you are sad or just feel like being a bit more happy than usual.
     Hurt by Christina Aguilera is a great song despite its sad lyrics.This song can be interpreted in any way you think is correct, but I have to say that I believe it is telling us something very important. It tells us to make sure that we treat people right because we never know when it could be the last time we see them. This can be better explained with its lyrics, "Oh, I'm sorry for blaming you everything I just couldn't do, and I've hurt myself for hurting you." 
     I Told You So by Carrie Underwood is also a very good song. The name basically implies what it is talking about, except she is the one receiving the words "I Told You So." This song is very catchy even though it could make some people a bit sad. I Told You So can teach us life lessons that could take us years to even understand, such as thinking before you act.
     Fall Out Boy is not usually my type of music, but I have to admit that the first time I heard it... I couldn't get it out of my head for a long time. This song is very fun with its fast lyrics, and catching melody. The best part would have to be when he says "Fire!" This can be very fun to try to sing when you have nothing to do, I recommend that you try it.
     Starlight is my last top song of the week, this song is sang by a great band called Muse. If you never heard of them before I really recommend you to look them up. Starlight is a fun song to try to sing because it has lots of ups and downs in the pitch. Muse has some very difficult songs, but Starlight is definitely one of the more fun ones to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment